Wednesday 14 December 2011

Reasons Why I Am Not An Otaku #1


I can't like anime because of fanservice. In  case you didn't already know fanservice is a term used for those creepy anime moments. When Goku peeks under Bulma's skirt and the television audience gets a flash of her panties, Dragonball just offer a perverted service to its fans.

Don't get me wrong. I don't dislike anime. Some of the best cartoons are anime series. Yet, these Japanese animated television series rarely contain any fanservice. Neither Trigun or Samurai Champloo have scenes of questionable decency. In any case, fanservice has ruined some Japanese cartoons from becoming top cartoons. Take Soul Eater or Ninja Scroll. If friends had not told me they were good, I would have not watched them after seeing my first glimpse of fanservice. I think it takes only 5 minutes to see the ninja girl's breast in Ninja Scroll. That could of been passable because she is almost going to be raped. The scene where her boss is screwing a girl while she reports to him, not so much.

I might like Japanese culture, language, religion and art but I am no otaku. By definition, otakus must like fanservice. Next time I take public transit, I'll write about reason #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment